Saturday, January 29, 2011

Boots and shifters


So, I actually got out on my motorcycle yesterday for about an hour.  It was great just to get out a ride a little.  The main thing I was doing was testing out my new shifter.  It's one inch longer and I bought it because I couldn't shift gears with my new motorcycle boots.  After reading on the forums I learned that a longer shifter might solve the problem... I'd say it solved 60% of the problem and I may get it a little better by rotating it up slightly.  The rest it just going to have to be me getting used to riding with big clunky boots.  The do feel much more safe and stable, just makes it harder to change gears... which is kind of an important part of the whole process.

Based on what I've read on the forums, I just need to deal with it, give it time, and then I won't even notice them after a while.  I hope so!  I also hope to ride tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment