Monday, May 2, 2011

New Tires Are On!





OK, so motorcycle tires don't stretch ...at all.  This makes them a joy to put on.  I mean, I know that shops have fancy gizmos that just plop them on ...at least that's how I imagine it.  But try it with a couple of little levers.  Motorcycle tires do not stretch.  Mountain bike tires are cake to change, done it many times.  Motorcycle tires do not stretch ...ever.  So, it's all about technique and cussing.  Technique complements of www.Youtube.com   ...cussing complements of me  ...or maybe my parents from a genetic stand point.






I did the front tire first ...it's already on in the picture above.  Not so bad and no so much cussing.  But the back tire  ...dang ...DANG.  Not easy at all.  I really almost gave up.  I just laid down in the grass and stared up at the trees.  I could not get the *&$*ing tire on the rim.

Then I thought about the videos on youtube ...then I lost my temper and got all incredible hulk on it's ass ...then the tire went on.  It actually surprised me.  I think I had given up all hope and was just having a little fit.  But, that little fit was enough to get the tire on!


So, that's my bike with two brand new Dunlop D606's on it.  I only used my tools that I will be carrying with my on the TAT trip.  I did not bleed once.  And, now I am supremely confident that I can fix a flat tire on the trail if need be  ...I would be OK if I never changed another tire again, though.  Motorcycle tires do not stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment