Monday, December 6, 2010

The Dream ...The Plan

The tingling we feel when we contemplate waking up and living 
our dreams we can label either "fear" or "excitement". 
If we call it fear, we tend to find reasons not to go any farther.  
If we call it excitement, we turn it into the energy to move forward.
John-Roger




That dotted red line.  Excitement.  5000 miles.  95% of it on dirt.  My dream.  My plan.

I'm 43.  In all reality I am about halfway done with my life.  Time to get off my ass and do the kind of things that I have always wanted to do, but somehow "doing the right thing" has always gotten in the way.  In May of 2011 I will not be doing the "right" thing ...nope, I'll be on my motorcycle heading west on the Trans America Trail (TAT).  My dream.  My plan.

From Tennessee to Oregon ...on my KLR ...on the dirt  ...living the dream.  I wish I could leave today, but I would freeze to death.  It's in the 20's today here in the mountains of Virginia.  That's OK, I really do need some time to plan and save up some cashola. 

Everyone needs a "thing".  This is my thing for now.  After this, hopefully I will have a new thing.  Having a thing makes everything else in life feel easier.  I know what I am working for. 

That's all for now.  I just wanted to go public with my dream, my plan.  I hope today, if you feel that tingling, I hope it feels like excitement.

3 comments: