Monday, December 27, 2010

The Beginning.

 That's me riding my older brother's Honda 50.  Mind you, it's back in the 70's when I had hair.  That Honda was the first "motorcycle" that I ever rode and once I was old enough, and my parents found a helmet that would fit around my hair, I rode that thing into the ground.  I loved it.  Motorized exploration.  I have no idea why I look like my Aunt Bobbie in the picture, though.  Very strange indeed.


Now, this is MY first motorcycle.  It's a Kawasaki KD 80.  Apparently me and Huckleberry Fin, better known as Josh, were taking it apart just to take it apart.  It's the only picture I could find of the bike.  I have told my wife this, so I guess I can tell you too, I have never had more fun doing anything in my life as I had riding with Huckleberry.  We would get off the school bus, get home as quickly as possible, and meet to go riding.  We rode like some mix between hardcore explorers and motocross stars ...it was amazingly fun.  When the sun was at the top of the pine trees we knew we had to head home to get there by dinner.  No one would want to miss my mom's dinner, not even for motorcycling.  Apparently, she also ironed creases in my blue jeans ...how uncool is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment